Posts for: November, 2018
Withdrawal symptoms are difficult to cope with when recovering from addiction. Dr. Sullivan Bryant, your Greenville, Denison, and San Antonio, TX, addiction specialist has additional training and education within this realm. He offers his patients suboxone treatment to help ease the process. Read below to learn more!
Suboxone is a medication (combination of buprenorphine and naloxone) that triggers the same neurological receptors that opioids target. While people still feel a high, it isn't nearly as intense as leading narcotics and helps tremendously to ween off individuals from their addiction. It helps them cope with withdrawal symptoms and cravings.
Suboxone is more effective in treating opioid addiction than methadone. Dr. Bryant, your doctor at Axcel Treatment and Recovery Clinic in Greenville, Denison, and San Antonio, TX, will gradually decrease the dose until medication is no longer needed and withdrawal symptoms have been alleviated.
Suboxone treatment is broken down into several phases.
- Induction: This first phase is when people start feeling withdrawal symptoms, such as sweating, anxiety, diarrhea, nausea, or vomiting. Your doctor provides a small dose to prevent any urges to take opioids. If patients do not feel these relieving effects, the doctor will increase suboxone dosage until withdrawal symptoms seize. (Note that during this first phase, patients visit the Axcel Treatment and Recovery Clinic several times a week to ensure they receive proper suboxone dosage.)
- Maintenance: Lasting two months, this step is a stabilization phase and begins when your doctor has already determined the proper dosage. Patients need to take part in behavioral therapy, such as a 12-step program or group therapy.
- Last Phase: Doctor decreases doses under careful supervision to ensure patients don't feel the urge to use opioids.
Interested? Call Today!
It's important to go to a specialist who understands how to:
- Diagnose and treat addiction
- Supervise recovery
- Assist family members in coping
Call addiction specialist Dr. Sullivan Bryant of Axcel Treatment and Recovery Clinic at (866) 662-8282 to schedule an appointment in Greenville, Denison, or San Antonio, TX. Physician-supervised suboxone treatment can help you finally overcome your opioid addiction.