Approximately 20 million American adults, 12 years and older, faced some sort of substance use disorder in 2014, according to American Addiction Centers.
More on Drug Abuse
Anyone is susceptible to drug use. The most important thing to know is you're not alone and there are people more than willing to help you. Dr. Sullivan Bryant of Axcel Treatment and Recovery Clinic in Greenville, Denison, and San Antonio, TX, is an addiction specialist. He knows about substance abuse and how drug treatment can help you.
Do I have a substance abuse problem?
Recreational drug abuse, addiction to prescription medication and abusing substances in general fall under the category of substance abuse problems. The first step to rehabilitation is identifying the problem. Here are some symptoms to look out for:
- Relationship Difficulties: do you have drug-related arguments with family?
- Tolerance Level: Do you constantly increase your dosage for better results?
- Lack of Interest in Activities: Have you lost interest in activities you used to enjoy, like hobbies?
- Blackouts and Flashbacks: Do you have trouble remembering what you did the previous day or night?
- Aches and Pains: Do you suffer from withdrawal symptoms, like muscle aches, nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea?
- Illegal Activities: Have you committed a crime to get drugs?
- Job Issues: Have drugs played a role in you being late to work, or even getting fired?
- Need Drugs to Function: Is it impossible to function without drugs?
How can drug treatment help me?
Here at Greenville, Denison, and San Antonio drug treatment programs help you give up drugs. Dr. Bryant works on eliminating urges to begin using again and helps you safely stop using with the use of methadone and suboxone. The advantage of using these drugs is that they fool brain receptors into thinking you're still using opioids.
Don't let substance abuse destroy your life. Call addiction specialist, Dr. Bryant of Axcel Treatment and Recovery Clinic, in Greenville, Denison, and San Antonio, TX, at (866) 662-8282 to schedule an appointment.