Substance Abuse Treatment
Substance Abuse Treatment Options
Are you afraid that you'll never be able to beat your drug addiction? Although you may have been unsuccessful in the past, you can overcome addiction with a specialized treatment program. Addiction specialist Dr. Sullivan Bryant of Axcel Treatment and Recovery Clinic in Greenville, Denison, and San Antonio, TX, knows substance treatments and tips that will help you choose your best option.
All treatment programs aren't the same
If treatment hasn't worked for you in the past, it's only natural that you'd be a little skeptical about trying again. After all, why put yourself through detox and withdrawal if you'll just start using drugs again? Although a past program may not have been a good fit for you, a new program may have a decidedly more positive outcome. Keep in mind that a treatment approach that may have been very successful for a friend won't necessarily be the best option for you.
Good programs have these features in common
When you evaluate substance abuse programs, consider these factors:
- Staff: You'll be much more likely to keep up with treatment if the staff is warm, welcoming and supportive. It's hard to stay clean if you feel that you're being judged or that staff members really don't care about your personal situation.
- Professional Supervision: Will your treatment be supervised by an addiction specialist, a doctor who is board certified to treat addiction?
- Inpatient or Outpatient?: Do you feel that you'll be more successful in an inpatient facility or an outpatient clinic close to your Greenville, Denison or San Antonio home? If you plan to continue working or need to care for your family during treatment, an outpatient clinic may be more convenient.
- Methods: Will your treatment plan include medications that will help you gradually reduce your reliance on drugs, such as methadone or suboxone?
- Support: Does the program include therapy options, such as group therapy or a 12-step program? Therapy can give you the tools you need to resist temptation after treatment ends.
- Success Rates: How successful is the program? How many patients relapse after treatment?
Take charge of your addiction with substance abuse treatment at Axcel Treatment and Recovery Clinic. Call addiction specialist Dr. Bryant, at (866) 662-8282 to make an appointment at the Greenville, Denison, or San Antonio, TX clinic.