We Offer Telemedicine
Schedule your Appointment
Schedule a Telemedicine Appointment with Dr. Bryant
Schedule an Appointment
Already have an appointment?
As much as we love to see you in the office, we understand that office visits are not always the most convenient option for our patients. So we are proud to announce that we are now offering video appointment options.
While not every appointment is suitable for a virtual consult, follow-ups, reviewing test results, and even some postoperative care appointments can be. Request an appointment by filling out the form on this page and we will contact you soon. We look forward to seeing you!
Reviewing Test Results
Already have an account?
Click on the link below to login to begin your Online Telemedicine Service.
Don't have an account?
- Please fill out the form below with your Name, Email Address and Phone Number and I will reach out to you.
- Once we have established contact I will create your account and you will receive a followup email to complete the account setup.
- The account setup must be completed before you can attend a video session.
Steps for checking in to your Online Video Session:
- Login to your account using the link above.
- Navigate to the calendar and click on your appointment to locate the 'Check In' button.
- Click 'Check In' to enter the virtual room where we will meet for the session.
- Locate the chat feature in the bottom right corner to communicate with me before beginning the session.
- When we are ready to begin press 'Start Session' to activate your microphone and camera.
- Your computer may show a message asking to allow the program to access your microphone and camera.
Are You Ready For Online Telemedicine?
- Do you have a laptop, desktop PC or Mac which is 3 years old or newer?
Older devices may struggle to run the program properly.
- Is your space equipped with a modern internet connection that is reliable?
Connecting directly to your router using an Ethernet cable for wired internet is recommended though wireless networks can work fine as well.
- Have you downloaded Chrome or Firefox to your computer to use as your internet browser?
Standard browsers such as Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge or Safari on a Mac may encounter compatibility issues with the video software as those browsers are not as up to date with modern code.
- Do you have access to a working webcam?
Most modern laptops have built in webcams which will work great for online counseling! If you have a desktop PC or Mac you may need to purchase and set up an external webcam.